I really enjoyed watching Hidden Figures. I found it fascinating on many different levels, and because I think so much about business and running a home, these are the thoughts and lessons that stood out to me in the film:
- Friendships at work really make a difference
- Letting your work talk for itself goes a long way
- Protocols and process should never stop you from doing what is right
- Don’t forget people at work are just humans
- We don’t actually know what fair is in life because we don’t comprehend the timetable nor what is at stake
- Marriage is a total commitment to encourage and support each other to fly
- What “new math” will you reach for in your family
- Always be learning, work hard and be the best you can be at whatever you choose to do
- Stand up for what is right, including for others
There are a lot of other great things to pull from this movie. I just wanted to share these, and acknowledge their great feats and that they inspire me.
I thank these and the many Hidden Figures that have done so much for me and my family.